- Disseminate information about End HIV 901 and PrEP to youth through social media.
- Hire a centralized social media manager who partners with all involved organizations to create, compile, post, and analyze social media data.
- Filter audience on social media platforms so that a specific, targeted age group will be reached.
- Create media campaign for Shelby County Schools and charter schools for HIV testing three times a year.
- Create PSA competition for high schools for World AIDS Day.
- Use social media campaigns to advertise
through park systems/community centers;
- Use text messaging and Facebook to send appointment reminders to youth.
Develop a social media initiative to increase by 75% the number of at-risk individuals who get tested for HIV and know their status
High Priority and Disruptively Innovative
Boys & Girls Clubs, Bridges, Charter Schools, Greendot, Exchange Club, FFL, Fraternities & Sororities, Frayser Community School, High school youth-led groups, HH, HL, Job Corps, LCHN, OM, PEAS, Inc., Planned Parenthood, TC, The Haven, Tech schools, SCS, SJCRH, Coordinated School Health, The Paige, Universities/colleges, WeCareTN, Youth organizations
Potential Funding Sources
Estimated Funding Allocation
- Social and mass media estimated costs (social media specialist, graphic artist, mass media artist @ $50,000; Facilitator @$10,000)
(Reported annually, locally monitored more frequently)
- # of Social Media site views
- # of patients utilizing text message reminders for adherence
Monitoring Data Source
- # of youth tested
- # of events
- Data analytics from social media posts/websites