- Create standard process for HIV testing during regular doctor office visits to help normalize testing.
- Offer continuing education units to train physicians to implement universal testing.
- Train young people (aged 18-25 years) to promote testing to help reach people in their age range.
- Partner with FQHCs to offer HIV testing as a standard of care.
- Partner with healthcare-contracted agencies providing schoolbased clinical care to offer opt-out HIV testing to students presenting with STI symptoms.
Normalize HIV testing
High Priority and Disruptively Innovative
Potential Funding Sources
- Funding sources for CME programs
- Health insurance companies
- State and local health departments
Estimated Funding Allocation
- CME courses and tests
(Reported annually, locally monitored more frequently)