- Include 3-site testing for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
- Initiate STI Rapid Start treatment on indication of STI.
- Create Spanish-speaking “telenovelas”/ PSAs to address much of the Hispanic community.
- Create after school programs for targeted age range geared toward sexual health education (could be especially helpful if we’re unable to get it put into the school curriculum).
- Create school performance groups that include LGBTQ and HIV-related themes in performing arts.
Increase by 75% the number of at-risk youth and young adults (aged 13-24 years) who get tested and know their status
High Priority and Disruptively Innovative
13-24 year-olds, Bars, clubs, and house parties popular with at-risk youth, Be Proud. Be Responsible, Boys & Girls Club, CBOs, Faith-based organizations and facilities, Funded testing agencies, Job Corps, LeMoyne-Owen College (an HBCU) health program, Local universities, OM Youth Shelter, SC Juvenile Detention Center, SCHD, Shelby County Schools, University of Memphis School of Public Health and College of Public Health Studies, Youth shelter programs, Youth Villages, Youth-focused groups High Priority and Disruptively Innovative
Potential Funding Sources
Estimated Funding Allocation
- PSA– $15,000
- After School Program Coordinator-$40,000
- Program Support Supplies- $10,000
Total: $65,000 Yearly
(Reported annually, locally monitored more frequently)
- # of STI testing results
- # of After school programs
- # of Spanish education materials