- Train transwomen to be advocates for HIV care/prevention navigation and to act as connectors for younger/new transwomen seeking care resources.
- Supply transwomen with “healthcare kits” (hygiene products, HIV tests, contraceptives, lubrication) via trans advocates, clinics, and trans-friendly and accessible organizations.
- Increase transportation options (Uber/Lyft cards, gas cards, mobile van) for transwomen for participation in social support groups and committees around the city.
- Place more transwomen advocates in professional positions to make trans clients feel comfortable upon arrival for appointments and support service events.
- Provide psychological therapy during linkage-to-care process for HIV care and PrEP.
- Create marketing strategies to increase participation from the trans community in an attractive way to recruit transwomen who are not comfortable coming to professional settings for support and care.
- Create innovative activities (e.g., pep rallies, roundups) for transwomen to launch new outreach programs specifically for trans community.
- Encourage healthcare providers to engage in a “Help Heal the Community” campaign by sharing local activities within the trans community
Increase to 75% the number of trans women who reach and maintain viral suppression by 2025
Strategy: Increase to 75% the number of trans women who reach and maintain viral suppression by 2025.
Target: Advocates, Clinics, Community-based organizations, Mental health associates, Providers, Trainers, Transwomen
High Priority and Disruptively Innovative
Potential Funding Sources
Estimated Funding Allocation
- master’s-level counselors $65,000 per year per counselor
- $10,000 supplies per year
(Reported annually, locally monitored more frequently)
- # of attendees-innovative activities
- # of healthcare kits distributed
- # of healthcare provider-patient data
- # of transportation requests
- # of transgender individuals attending support and care classes and given hygiene kits
Monitoring Data Source
- Local databases/ASO annual outcome reports
- Local reports