- Create guide for all local providers on how to report new HIV cases.
- Review with laboratories the Shelby County Health Department (SCHD) reporting requirements (explained by an epidemiologist).
- Designate someone to obtain results from all labs and report to the SCHD because surveillance does not have the capacity.
- Coordinate with all local testing agencies to assure that all positive HIV tests are reported to surveillance and people are linked to their first appointment.
- Create a policy that will require online testing service to submit results to the state for follow-up purposes and to prevent loss to follow-up.
- Learn other cities’ best practices in reporting positive tests.
- Revise and enforce penalties for testing organizations not reporting positive results.
- Connect with 20 private providers per year to verify they have updated list of resources.
- Streamline linkage-to-care process so that all agencies follow the same process.
- Create a position with SCHD that is partially funded by EHE that would work specifically with private providers to provide SCHD with monitoring data.
High Priority Per Stakeholder Survey
Inform private-practice patients of the reporting process.